Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Junkyard book review

I've started to drive my kids a little crazy. I'm always stopping to check things in our picture books. Like if the author and illustrator are the same person.

"Mom! Keep reading!"

"So sorry. Mommy has to do her book research."

I've discovered most of my favorite books are authored and illustrated by the same person. #Lifegoals. (Long term time life goals.) Maybe by the time I'm ninety I will have reached that summit. That's okay though. As I always tell my kids, we are always growing and learning and it is never too late to learn something new.

So then I keep reading, but I have to stop again and see who published it . . . and when . . . and study the author bio in the back . . . etc . . . etc . . .

My poor children.

It's worse with books I particularly like, such as this one: Junkyard by Mike Austin


We just love robots at our house and these munching machines are seriously huggable. It's a really sweet story where the machines eat all the junk and clean up the junkyard to make it into a fun and beautiful playground. It could be a great story to teach about recycling or earth day or really just to enjoy the adorable pictures. I especially like all the thumbprints worked into the art. All of my kids 3, 6 and 9 loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment