Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Lemon Cucumbers: The best (and weirdest) cucumber I've ever planted

These little balls of cucumber yumminess have changed my life. They have everything I want in a cucumber.

  • They are prolific. Every other cucumber plant I’ve grown has given me a very measly crop, but this one has blessed me with more cucumbers than we can eat!
  • I have never had a bitter one. (And I’m not even that good of a water-er) The other problem I’ve had with growing my own cucumbers is them turning out bitter but these lemon one’s are always the perfect crisp sweetness
  • They outer skin is very thin and tender. You don’t even need to peel them, the skin tastes almost the same as the inner flesh.
  • They just look cool! Enough said.

There is only one thing that is not perfect about them, if you let them grow to their full round and yellow maturity the seeds inside get quite large so if you’re one of those people who don’t like the “innards” of cucumbers these might not be cucumber for you. But besides that they are just like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way. 

What kind of strange and exciting crops did you grow this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment